OSSO COVID-19 PROTOCOLS
Please note that the Ontario Speed Skating Oval (OSSO) will be open during the provincial shutdown with modifications to our protocols.
This page contains important information on our plans and protocols for operating under the COVID-19 Pandemic. We will be updating this page with new information as it becomes available. Please check back each time you visit to ensure we keep everyone safe.
The OSSO is actively following Peterborough Public Health protocols for outdoor facilities that meet or exceed Provincial or National standards while adhering to all Emergency Orders and Directives.
Our main objectives will be to:
- Avoid closed-spaces, crowds, and contact
- Promote hand washing/sanitizing, face masks, 2-metre distancing
- Follow all Public Health Guidelines and Provincial & Federal Directives
Before Visiting the Ontario Speed Skating Oval
Please consider the following two critical questions each day you plan to attend the Oval:
1. Have you, or any member of your party, failed The Ontario Ministry of Health COVID-19 Screening assessment?
2. Do you or any members of your party feel the precautions described below and in place at the OSSO do not offer adequate protection?
If you answer YES to either question, please refrain from visiting the OSSO and follow the guidance of your local health authority.
Preparing for your Visit to OSSO
- A face mask is mandatory if you are getting rental skates and when social distancing for a minimum of 2 metres becomes unpredictable (e.g. standing in line).
- Once out on the track, you do not need to wear your face mask. Please maintain a 2-metre physical distance from other skaters.
Recreational Skate Rentals
- A face mask must be worn when picking up and returning your skate rentals (Saturdays & Sundays).
- Staff will take payments at the door. To simplify and speed up the process, we ask that you please bring the exact amount in cash.
- Skate Rentals are $5.00.
OSSO Programs & Events
All programs and events are on hold during the Province-wide Shutdown.
Visiting the OSSO from Other Regions
The OSSO requests that individuals from outside the region respect the current public health advice regarding inter-regional travel. Refer to the Government of Ontario response framework and your local public health agency. Peterborough Public Health has published guidance for seasonal property owners who may visit the OSSO.