As per the Government of Ontario Announcement, outdoor skating rinks are a permitted amenity but with restrictions. The OSSO has developed our Covid-19 Safety Plan and implemented protocols and plans to protect our facilities’ volunteers and users. The following adjustments are in place:
- The change room facilities are closed.
- The recreational skate rental building will operate on Saturdays and Sundays. Exchanges will be made at the door. Rental skates will be sanitized and put aside for 24 hours after each use.
- The washroom facility will not be available this season.
As a reminder of our COVID-19 Safety Plan, please review the following necessary protocols:
- All visitors to OSSO must complete the self-assessment screening questions available on our website before visiting the facility. Currently, there is no need to submit this questionnaire to OSSO. By visiting, you are attesting that you have passed the screening questions.
- Face masks are mandatory when picking up and dropping off skate rentals.
- Everyone must remain 2 metres apart from those not living in their household.
- Only one family unit at a time is permitted to use (sit on) one of the benches to put on skates and boots.
- Place boots etc., away from the bench when skating so that other individuals or family units may use the bench to change into/out of their skates.
- As advised in the provincial announcement, we ask that you take advantage of this skating opportunity for exercise alone or with your household members.
We are in this together. Please be respectful of these protocols so we can safely enjoy this outdoor winter activity